Product Designer, Jul 2019–present
- EnergySavvy was acquired by Uplight in July 2019. Integrated into a multidisciplinary product design team of eight.
- Led visual design of EnergySavvy’s products with Uplight’s brand.
- Designed a new time-of-use home energy reports product with design elements and behavioral nudges from EnergySavvy’s reports.
Lead UX Designer, Jul 2014–Jul 2019
- First-and-only generalist UX designer at a rapid-growth B2B SaaS startup doubling to 70 employees.
- Led end-to-end product design for all six enterprise and consumer products, collaborating with product managers, executives, and sales on product definition and delivering front-end specs to engineers.
- In a major company-direction pivot, designed a responsive enterprise web app used by 200+ utility CSRs, program managers, and marketers to personalize customer engagement.
- Drove customer behavior change with print and email home energy reports sent to 70,000 customers of a major southwest utility. Resulted in 500+ MWh of load shift and 500 MWh of energy savings.
- Created a customer time-of-use rate education web tool for a major southwest utility in less than 10 weeks. Resulted in 950+ rate changes in the first month and a 110% increase in rate adoption.
- Evangelized data-driven design, user feedback, and usability issues across the company by implementing user-session recording, feedback, and analytics tools.
- Scaled design and ensured UI consistency by implementing a design system, style guide, and product-design principles.
Cobalt (now CDK Global)
UI/UX Design Intern, Jun 2013–Sep 2013
- Created responsive model landing pages and web forms in a redesign of Lexus and Volkswagen dealership websites.
- Applied client brand style guides and requirements.
UW Computer Science & Engineering
Undergraduate Research Assistant, Jan 2012–Apr 2013
- Developed and maintained ShareMeNot, a privacy-enhancing Chrome browser extension.
- Redesigned the ShareMeNot website.